Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 3: Recovery

Today has been the worst day so far. I'm not sure if it's because of the medication, or just the surgery itself, but I sure feel like crap! I have been dizzy, very weak, a bit anxious, lightheaded, and groggy. My neck muscles are really sore due to sleeping upright, and my throat is also very sore. Sometimes it feels like I have a bad head cold. I hope that all that will pass soon.

The bleeding has pretty much stopped, although there is still a steady drip of some icky stuff coming out. I am going to wear the moustache for a couple more days until it completely stops.

I started a saline rinse yesterday, which I have to do three times a day now. It's not bad, but it makes the inside of my nose itch and then I want to sneeze. Sneezing out of the nose is not allowed! I attempted several mouth-only sneezes with about a 70% success rate for each, hopefully that is good enough.

When I was in the hospital, they put a little nausea patch on the back of my neck, behind my ear. It seemed to have helped, but I thought maybe that had something to do with how dizzy and faint I was earlier today. I took it off. I've been eating yogurt and drinking Ginger tea and Ginger ale, those seem to help a lot with the nausea.

The best news for today is that I can breathe out of my nose a little bit, every now and then! I also don't really need to wear the moustache as much due to the blood stopping, but there is still a little leak as I mentioned above, so I keep it handy or just put it back on after I brush my teeth or whatever I need to do. It's been challenging to not itch, blow or sniff my nose, and I still have a ways to go.

Chris continues to be a loving, devoted Husband getting me everything that I need, and letting me know when I should be taking my pills. I am a lucky woman :).

I don't have a picture for today because I don't look much different then yesterday.

Next post coming tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. The first two days were no issue but day 3 is kicking my butt. I have everything you described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. SurgeonGate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Доброе время суток! Если еще актуально, то я окрашивала волосы Лебелом в парикмахерской в Бибирево. Отличные мастера, всем довольна! И недорого! Девочки, рекомендую!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Здравствуй! Прекрасный блог. Благодарю за публикацию. Разноообразные посты о деревянных окнах и дверях на том сайте. Также щелкни сюда: архитектурные сообщения смотри здесь., дерево-алюминиевые двери порталы вднх, окна rehau delight купить, Балконная дверь из лиственницы, портальные окна и двери

    ReplyDelete