Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 8: Recovery

Nothing particularly exciting has happened today, except that I feel significantly better! I am starting to think it is in comparison to yesterday, because as the day has gone on and I have been a bit more active, my nose has started to get sore.

I slept in today, which resulted in me taking my first pain pill at a later time then usual. I decided since I feel so great, to start weaning off and take half my dose. I was taking 5mg of oxycodone with 325mg of acetaminophen every four hours, so I lowered it to 2.5 and 162.5. Seemed to go well up until a couple hours after my second dose. I have become very anxious and extremely jumpy, which I am assuming is due to the reduction. I took another quarter of a tablet to see if that would help. I am usually very sensitive to medications, so it doesn't surprise me. The downside is that means I will have to wean off a little more slowly then I had originally planned. Not the worst thing that could have happened.

Since I was feeling better today I thought I'd do a few things I have been neglecting. I started laundry, and made dinner. I know, not a lot, but it was more than I've done in a week! It actually made me pretty tired by the late afternoon. It's a strange limbo: I feel good, which makes me want to do things - I do things, then realize I don't feel very good anymore. I guess that's the indication not to push too much.

Today I made a point to pay attention to how I breathe more. I can feel much more air going in through my right nostril, which is where the septum was deviated. Also in general, I can feel an amazing amount of air going through my nose. That is of course when it's clear, there is still a good amount of congestion that comes and goes. Most of the pain that I still have is due to this, and just a general sense of pressure right between my eyes.

I discovered it's very strange to wiggle my nose in the slightest, since I haven't done it for a week. All those bits are tough to move. I have been so careful not to touch or move my nose at all, I am just starting to see what my limits are. I was avoiding washing my nose, as I am not supposed to get tap water in it, and have just been washing all of my face around it....up until yesterday. I started gently putting my facial cleanser on it, then ever so gently wiping it off with a hand towel.

I just realized that any other time, if I were to focus my writing on things like this, people would probably look at me funny. With that, I'll be heading off to bed.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment