Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 5: Recovery

Today was not the best day...comparable to yesterday. Today's problem was the issue of nausea due to the Percocet (I thought it was Vicodin that I was taking, but it's actually Percocet) and my antibiotics. The first dose this morning wasn't too bad. When I did my second dose, the Nausea set in pretty bad. Now, my doctor prescribed anti-nausea medication that I have been taking, called Hydroxyzine. That seemed to work when I was taking the prescription meds immediately after the surgery, but it didn't seem to work to well today. In the case of still feeling nauseous, he also prescribed a dissolving tablet called Ondansetron, which sounds like the name of a transformer. When I took that, I guess due to the fast absorption, it hit me like a ton of bricks with dizziness. I couldn't tell if it was helping at all, so I went upstairs and lay down per my Husband's recommendation. I went in and out of sleeping, and a few hours later I felt great. Then I had to take my next dose of Percoset and antibiotic :/. I am an hour into that dose and feel slightly nauseous, so hopefully the dissolving tab will keep it at bay - it's supposed to last eight hours.

Eating has been relatively easy, however I get sick of the soft cold foods that I have pretty easily. Jello cups, Pudding, yogurt, rice, potatoes, Saltines, and fruit Popsicles. One of the problems with these foods is that they aren't very filling, so I end up eating a steady stream of stuff all day. I have to eat something with each of my four doses of medicine per day as well, so I can't imagine how many calories I am actually eating. I'm also getting tired of drinking Ginger-Ale, but I am convinced it is helping my nausea.

So below is a picture of what I look like at this point, sans gauze-stache:




Pretty normal looking, right? Well here is what I actually feel like (before the meds, which reduce it about 80%):



The worst parts are the headaches, pressure in my forehead, and some ear/throat pain I have been having. Speaking of pain, my meds are wearing off right now. Off to take some pills and go to sleep!

New post coming tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post, Septoplasty is a surgical procedure to correct the shape of the septum of the nose.
    Septoplasty Cost in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete